The Land Exchange Board consists of the Governor, State Auditor, and Attorney General. Any exchange of public lands of the state for any publicly- or privately-held lands must be approved by all three members of the board. A majority of the members of the board must also approve the acquisition by the U.S. Department of Interior of any lands involved in the Waterfowl Production Areas program. Meetings of the Land Exchange Board are held quarterly. The DNR is responsible for preparing and distributing the agenda for the meetings.
Land Exchange Board meetings
The Land Exchange Board will meet in 2023 on the following dates:
- Thursday, March 2 (location TBD)
- Thursday, May 25
- Wednesday, Aug. 23
- Wednesday, Nov. 29
All meetings will take place at 10 a.m. in Ground-23 (Room G-23) Senate Committee Room, State Capitol, 75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, St. Paul, MN.
Some members of the Executive Council, State Board of Investment and Land Exchange Boards may participate in the meeting electronically. If a Board Member calls in, in accordance with Minnesota Statutes, section 13D.015, subd. 4, the Executive Council, State Board of Investment and Land Exchange Board shall, to the extent practical, allow a person to monitor the meeting electronically from a remote location. The person making a connection may be required to pay for documented marginal costs that the entity incurs as a result of the additional connection.
Public engagement at LEB meetings
- Wednesday, Nov. 30: Meeting minutes
- Wednesday, Aug. 24
- Wednesday, May 25
- Thursday, Feb. 24: Meeting minutes
- Wednesday, Feb. 24: Meeting minutes
- Wednesday, May 26: Meeting minutes
- Wednesday, Aug. 25: Meeting minutes
- Wednesday, Dec. 1
- Wednesday, Feb. 26: Meeting minutes, Audio recording of meeting
- Friday, May 29: Meeting minutes, Audio recording of meeting
- Wednesday, Aug. 26: Meeting minutes
- Wednesday, Dec. 2: Meeting minutes