Our goal is to deliver reliable and supported certified market value appraisals at a reasonable cost and in a timely manner.
To accomplish this goal, Cindy Nathan coordinates the appraisal assignment process and coordinates the process of getting appraisals reviewed, repaired and certified.
The Appraisal Management Unit includes the following staff:
Acquisition and Appraisal Unit Supervisor
1601 Minnesota Drive
Brainerd, MN 56401
Request for Proposals for Professional Appraisal Services
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is seeking to contract with a number of qualified real estate appraisers licensed by the State of Minnesota and certified as a Level 4: Certified General Real Property Appraiser. Appraisers entering into such contract shall be entitled to be considered for appraisal assignments from the DNR during the contract period of May 1, 2019 through April 30, 2024. The DNR contracts with, and assigns work orders to, licensed real estate appraisers statewide in support of its acquisition, sales, and land exchange programs. The DNR reserves the right to assign appraisers at its sole discretion, based upon the complexity of the assignment, the qualifications of the appraiser, the appraiser's fee requirements, and the geographic location of the appraisal assignment. Inclusion on the DNRs list of appraisers does not constitute a guarantee of future work and appraisers may elect to decline any assignments offered. Incoming proposals shall be reviewed by the DNR on a monthly basis. Applicants whose proposals are approved can expect to receive a contract in the month following approval.
For additional assistance, please contact Cindy Nathan
For more information, please see the posting on the Department of Administration's web site (reference number PT3028).
DNR Supplemental Appraisal and Appraisal Review Guidelines
- Supplemental Appraisal & Appraisal Review Guidelines PDF format (Effective January 1, 2016)
Appraisal and Appraisal Review Forms
If you need accessible versions of any of the forms below or other assistance please contact Carla Backstrom.
- Appraisal Certification
- Reviewer Certification
- Landowner Disclosure
- Grant Acquisition Packet
- Grant Improvement Disposition
- Grant Initial Site Assessment
- Grant Administrative Review Checklist
- Appraisal Summary
- Real Property Market Value Summary Report
DNR Appraiser List
- Pass-through grants
- Highest & best use example
- Qualitative analysis example
- Before & after example
- Understanding Forestry Roads
- Appraising Life Estates
- Guidelines - Grant over 1 million
- Guidelines - Grant over 1 million Not DNR
- Guidelines - Grant under 1 million
- Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice
- Uniform Appraisal Standards for Federal Land Acquisition
- Appraisers that hold a current master contract with the State to perform appraisal work