State forest lands classified as Limited for Motor vehicle use.
- Highway licensed vehicles are allowed on signed forest roads, unless posted closed.
- Off-highway vehicles, defined as All-terrain vehicles/Off-highway motorcycles (ATVs/ORVs/OHMs), MAY OPERATE on signed roads and trails.
- ATV travel off of signed motor vehicles trails or forest roads is PROHIBITED except when hunter/trapper exception applies.
- EXCEPT: Persons lawfully engaged in hunting big game or constructing hunting stands during October, November and December, retrieving big game during September, or trapping during open seasons, may use ATVs off forest trails in a manner consistent with the general operating restrictions. This exception does not apply in the Richard J. Dorer Memorial Hardwood Forest.
- NOTE: see Minnesota Statute 84.926 for further details.
State Forests classified as "Limited" (Final Designations)
NOTE: The big game hunter/trapper motor vehicle use exception does not apply within the RJD Memorial Hardwood State Forest.