Report a violation in progress
- To report a violation, call 800-652-9093 24 hours a day, or key in #TIP on your cell phone.
- To report a violation that isn't time sensitive:
Use this online form
Include important information
All violations reported through our online form will be investigated. Please provide as many details as you can to help the Conservation Officer with the investigation.
- Location: It is especially important to include the county and nearest town to the violation.
- Violator's identity: If you know the identity of the individual(s) committing the violation, please indicate their name(s) on the form.
- Contact information: Indicate on the report form if it is all right for a Conservation Officer to contact you to follow up on the request.
If you wish to remain completely anonymous, you must contact TIP by phone.
Never put yourself in a dangerous position, and never take the law into your own hands.
You may receive a reward of up to $1,000 for reporting a violation that leads to an arrest. The reward amount is determined by the seriousness of the crime reported.
Turn In Poachers, TIP Inc., is a private, non-profit organization of conservationists concerned about poaching problems. TIP Inc., provides all reward monies for the program. DNR Enforcement cooperates with the TIP program, which was started to encourage the public to report natural resource violations. Since its inception in 1981, this program has been a deterrent to the senseless waste of wildlife.