- Certification available for ages 12 and older.
- Youth ages 12-15 must first complete and pass a Firearm Safety Training Class
- Check currently scheduled classes listed below. Most classes are conducted January through April of each year.
- Contact your local Conservation Officer
- Check your local newspaper
- $15—Checks made payable to the DNR. Collected by the instructor at the class.
The Advanced Hunter Education Certification Program covers hunter responsibility and safety skills, wildlife ways, survival skills, maps and compass, and current issues concerning hunting. This course meets all other states' hunter education requirements.
For duplicate hunter education certificates, call (888) 646-6367 or (800) 366-8917. There is a $5 replacement fee.
For general information on Advanced Hunter Education call (888) 646-6367 or (800) 366-8917.
Become a certified Advanced Hunter Education volunteer instructor.
Training is given at the various locations. See our Certified Volunteer Instructor Training page for details.
To view detailed information about a class or field day, click on its name.
There are currently no course listings.
There are organizations that include the DNR Firearms Safety Training class as part of an event or membership package they offer. The fee for the DNR firearms safety training is set at $7.50, with an option for the instructor group to charge an additional $7.50. However, these other programs have additional costs which are set by the providing organization.