Trail Snow Report
Fort Snelling State Park
- Roadways and parking lots are extremely icy due to rain and daytime melting/overnight freezing. Please use caution and watch speeds while in the park.
- Snowshoe rentals are no longer available for the season due to poor snow conditions.
- Grooming operations have likely ended at the park due to deteriorating snow conditions and the need to direct our activities toward flood preparation. Thanks for a great ski season!
|Trail conditions: poor|
|Trail groomed? partially|
|Trail base: 7"|
|Trail mileage: 11.0|
|Difficulty: beginner (track)|
The trail sits in the forested river bottoms consisting of cottonwood, green ash, silver maple and willow. The park harbors an abundance of wildlife, including deer, fox, woodchucks, and skunks.
You can snowshoe anywhere in Minnesota's state parks and recreation areas, except on trails that are specifically groomed for another activity, such as skiing or snowmobiling.
- Trail users can warm up in the Visitor Center (open daily 8-4).
- Daily ski passes are sold at the park office.
- Snowshoes rental available at the park office.
Last updated on March 13, 2019. Local snow depth is 15".
101 Snelling Lake Road
St. Paul, MN 55111
Fort Snelling State Park is located on Post Road off State Highway 5, just west of the main terminal exit for the International Airport.
Parking is available at the park entrance, Visitor Center, various other parking lots in the park, and across the Minnesota River near the Henry Sibley Historic Site (for access to the eastern trails).
Phone: (612) 279-3550
Email: [email protected]
Contact hours are Sunday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., hours may vary. Warming house hours are 9 a.m. -3 p.m., daily.