Enjoy the outdoors all year long! Winter offers a whole new way to play in Minnesota state parks and trails. Snowy trails and sledding hills offer fun activities the whole family can enjoy. Try your hand at fat biking or enjoy the snowmobiling trails. Watch the wildlife as you take a winter hike or snowshoe. Many parks even offer rental gear so you don’t have to worry about bringing your own skis and snowshoes!
Purchase a vehicle permit today and get a year of unlimited visits to all of Minnesota's state parks and recreation areas.
Tips and tricks
- Weather in Minnesota can change on a dime. Check weather conditions before you head out.
- Check on the snow depth and trail conditions so you know if you should bring your snowshoes.
- Get a sneak peek before you go with a virtual tour!
- Make your perfect winter vacation a reality! Stay overnight and make a weekend of it.
- Winter won't last forever! Plan ahead with the summer activities guide!