Coming to the park? Know the "Key 3:"
- Plan to be flexible. Explore new destinations and consider mid-week travel. Parks are busy as more people get outdoors, so we encourage you to discover a new favorite this summer!
- Arrive prepared. Buy your vehicle permit, check visitor alerts and campfire restrictions, and download maps before your trip.
- Recreate responsibly. Help conserve these special places for the future by staying on trails and leaving no trace.
Winter offers a whole new way to play in Minnesota state parks and trails. Snowy trails and sledding hills offer fun activities the whole family can enjoy. Try your hand at fat biking or enjoy the snowmobiling trails. Watch the wildlife as you take a winter hike or snowshoe. Many parks even offer rental gear so you don’t have to worry about bringing your own skis and snowshoes!
Tips and tricks
- Check on the snow depth and trail conditions so you know if you should bring your snowshoes.
- Make your perfect winter vacation a reality. Stay overnight and make a weekend of it.
- Winter won't last forever! Plan ahead with the summer activities guide.