The DNR is updating maps for all 59 of our state forests. Maps will continue to be updated for the next five years. Below is a list of the forests that have new maps.
State forest users now have two options:
- A geospatial PDF (geoPDF) map allows users to download a map onto a mobile device using a variety of map apps and then track their location as a blue dot on the screen. To get started, click on the geoPDF link from the individual state forest webpage.
- A user-friendly, paper map highlights the unique recreation features of each forest and include pop-out maps for popular campgrounds and day-use areas. You can get a free paper map at a local DNR office or by contacting the DNR Info Center (888-646-6367).
The maps provide more detail than previous versions and highlight the endless recreation opportunities in state forests, such as hiking, mountain biking, birding, berry picking, cross-country skiing, hunting, and horseback, ATV and snowmobile riding. Many state forests also offer campgrounds, fishing piers, boat launches, swimming beaches, and picnic areas.
New geoPDF and paper maps are now available for:
- Badoura State Forest in Cass and Hubbard counties
- Bear Island in St. Louis and Lake counties
- Beltrami Island State Forest in Lake of the Woods, Beltrami, and Roseau counties
- Blackduck State Forest in Beltrami and Itasca counties
- Bowstring/Battleground/Welsh Lake in Itasca and Cass counties
- Buena Vista State Forest in Beltrami County
- Burntside in St. Louis County
- Chengwatana State Forest in Pine and Chisago counties
- Emily State Forest in Crow Wing County
- General C.C. Andrews State Forest in Pine county
- Golden Anniversary/Remer in Itasca and Cass counties
- Huntersville State Forest in Cass, Hubbard and Wadena counties
- Insula Lake State Forest in Lake County
- Lake Isabella State Forest in Lake County
- Lake Jeanette State Forest in St. Louis County
- Land O’Lakes State Forest in Cass County
- Lyons State Forest in Wadena County
- Mississippi Headwaters State Forest in Clearwater, Beltrami, and Hubbard counties
- Nemadji State Forest in Pine and Carlton counties
- Paul Bunyan State Forest in Cass and Hubbard counties
- St. Croix State Forest in Pine County