Fort Snelling Memorial Chapel is a non-denominational facility. It is owned by the State of Minnesota and administered by Fort Snelling State Park.
Chapel address and directions:
Take the Bloomington Road exit off Hwy 55 and follow signs to chapel.
Fort Snelling Memorial Chapel
Historic Fort Snelling, Hwy. 5 & 55
St. Paul, MN 55111
Open house at the Chapel is from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the first and third Sunday of each month, excluding Easter and Christmas. The public is invited to tour the facilities and gather information about using the Chapel.
Phone reservations can be made by calling the park at 612-279-3555 and are taken in the order received. For online inquiries, please email [email protected]. Online inquiries will be responded to within 5 business days.
A reservation includes 3 hours for the wedding and 1 hour for rehearsal.
Extra hour: $150.00
*Veteran rates apply only to the bride or groom, if they have been or are currently in the military. Proof must be presented at the time of application.
- Thurs: 4 p.m. - 5 p.m.; 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.; 7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Fri: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. or 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Sat: 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. or 4 p.m.- 7 p.m.
Funerals and memorials
Access to chapel island (chapel, chapel grounds and parking lot) is permitted 30 minutes prior to the rental period. This includes all deliveries and setup.
*Rates for veterans apply to the veteran or spouse of the veteran. Proof must be presented at the time of the application.
Services are held Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- April-October: 9 a.m.– 11 a.m. or 12 p.m.-2 p.m.
- November-March: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- The chapel is handicap accessible. There is an elevator on site.
- The maximum capacity is 300 people.
- There are 19 pews on each side. The ends of the pews measure 2.25 inches.
- The center aisle measures 61 feet from the altar to the back pew. You are responsible to rent your own aisle runner. The aisles are four feet wide.
- Rail lengths are 79 inches on the lectern side and 84 inches on the pulpit side.
- There are two dressing rooms, each with a private bathroom.
- A clavinova keyboard piano are available for your use. Please make arrangements for your own musicians.
- Microphones are located on the pulpit, lectern, and a portable on a stand. Additional amplification is allowed, but not provided. If you need to play music, you must provide your own portable speakers. There is no sound system available.
- Two candelabra are available. Each holds seven standard taper candles (not supplied). There is a table that measures 2 feet by 3 feet and 30 inches in height for the unity candle (unity candle holders are not provided). A table cloth is recommended for this table. Please inquire about all other candle use and restrictions.
- A table is available for a guest book.
Conditions of Use
The renter is responsible for all arrangements, including their own clergy/officiant, musicians, vocalists, florists, photographers and or videographers. No wedding coordinator services are available.
All activities must be completed within the reserved time period: including deliveries, setup, decorating, and cleanup. You are responsible for personal items left in the changing rooms during the ceremony.
The building must be left in a clean and orderly condition. All personal items must be removed, including flower boxes and disposable wedding supplies. We are not responsible for any items left at the chapel.
Parking is provided for guests during the reserved time-only. Vehicles must be removed from the parking lot immediately following the services so that the lot is available for the next reservation. No vehicle may be left in the lot overnight.
- Food and beverages are prohibited in the historic building.
- Nothing may be thrown inside the chapel, or on the grounds, which includes rice, seeds, or flower petals.
- Pets and emotional support animals are not permitted inside the building.
- Flags are a permanent fixture and may not be removed for any activity.
Find out more information about Fort Snelling State Park.