Fort Snelling Memorial Chapel is a non-denominational facility. It is owned by the State of Minnesota and administered by Fort Snelling State Park.
Address and directions
Take the Bloomington Road exit off Hwy 55 and follow signs to chapel.
Fort Snelling Memorial Chapel
Historic Fort Snelling, Hwy. 5 & 55
St. Paul, MN 55111
Reservations are taken in the order received. Call 612-279-3555 or email [email protected]. Online inquiries will be responded to within five business days.
At this time we are not taking reservations for weddings at the Historic Fort Snelling Memorial Chapel. DNR is evaluating our wedding permit procedures to ensure we can provide a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone involved. Contact Fort Snelling State Park if you have questions.
Funerals and memorials
Access to chapel island (chapel, chapel grounds and parking lot) is permitted 30 minutes prior to the rental period. This includes all deliveries and setup.
Services are held Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- April-October: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. or 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- November-March: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. or 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
Additional hour: $150
*Rates for veterans apply to the veteran or spouse of the veteran. Proof must be presented at the time of the application.
- The chapel is accessible and has an elevator on site.
- Maximum capacity is 300 people.
- There are 19 pews on each side. The ends of the pews measure 2.25 inches.
- The center aisle measures 61 feet from the altar to the back pew. You are responsible to rent your own aisle runner. The aisles are four feet wide.
- Rail lengths are 79 inches on the lectern side and 84 inches on the pulpit side.
- There are two dressing rooms, each with a private bathroom.
- A Steinway & Sons baby grand piano is available. Please make arrangements for your own musicians.
- Microphones are located on the pulpit and the lectern, plus a portable on a stand. Additional amplification is allowed, but not provided. If you need to play music, you must provide your own portable speakers. There is no sound system available.
- Two candelabras are available. Each holds seven standard taper candles (not supplied). Please enquire about all other candle use and restrictions.
- A table is available for a guest book. Additional small tables are available upon request.
Conditions of use
The renter is responsible for all arrangements, including their own clergy/officiant, musicians, vocalists, florists, photographers and or videographers.
All activities must be completed within the reserved time period, including deliveries, setup, decorating, and cleanup.
The building must be left in a clean and orderly condition. All personal items must be removed, including flower boxes and event supplies. We are not responsible for any items left at the chapel.
Parking is provided for guests during the reserved time only. Vehicles must be removed from the parking lot immediately following the services so that the lot is available for the next reservation. No vehicle may be left in the lot overnight.
- Food and beverages are prohibited in the historic building.
- Pets and emotional support animals are not permitted inside the building.
- Flags are a permanent fixture and may not be removed for any activity.