This boat launch constructed in 2002 is located approximately midway between Two Harbors and Silver Bay. It was developed on an old resort site, after considerable cleanup and site preparation the facility was completed. Immediately adjacent to the site is the Iona's Beach Scientific and Natural Area.
- Two ramps (shallow bay and ramp area)
- 150-foot crib dock, provides some launch ramp protection and is accessible
- Red navigation light on the end of the crib dock
- Paved parking for 20 car/trailers with overflow in the adjacent lot
- Adjacent to Scientific and Natural Area and the Gitchi-Gami State Trail
- Shore fishing along the points
41.6 miles northeast of the Duluth Harbor Entry, 16.1 miles northeast of Two Harbors, 10.5 miles southwest of Silver Bay.
Approximate GPS Coordinates:
Lat 47º 9.54 Lon 91º 25.30