The Rum River provides good fishing for smallmouth bass, northern pike, and walleye throughout its 50 miles that flow through Isanti County. The gradient in this section is low, averaging 1 foot/mile, with few rocks or hazards, making the river ideal for a scenic fishing trip.
Rum River information:
- Rum River canoeing guide (Printed copies of the canoe route map are available by contacting the Hinckley fisheries office. Contact information)
- Real-time USGS river level data
- Little Falls Area Fisheries Office For fishing information on the Rum River from Mille Lacs Lake to Princeton
- East Metro Area Fisheries Office For fishing information on the Rum River from St. Francis to the Mississippi River
- Wild and Scenic River designation
- Wild and Scenic Rivers Legislation: Rum River Management