- View online
- Find regulations for a specific lake
- Fishing seasons
Proposed regulations — please comment
You're invited to provide input on proposed changes to fishing regulations for 2021, including the Quality Bluegill Initiative. Input opportunities include virtual meetings, contacting an area fisheries office directly, or attend an in-person meeting scheduled in your area.
Virtual meetings will include a brief presentation on the Quality Bluegill Initiative with highlights on proposals followed by a question and answer session with local fisheries staff. Each meeting is intended to cover a region of the state:
- Central/Southeast: Monday, Oct. 12, Noon-1 p.m.
- Northeast: Wednesday, Oct. 7, Noon-1 p.m.
- Northwest: Monday, Oct. 5, Noon-1 p.m.
- South: Wednesday, Oct. 14, Noon-1 p.m.
- Statewide: Tuesday, Oct. 13, 6-7 p.m.
Check back for details on how to join the virtual meetings, additional meetings that may be scheduled or changes to scheduled meetings.
- Alabama/Umbrella/Yumbrella rig
- BaitCloud is illegal
- Ice fishing shelter licenses and removal dates
- Liberalized lakes
- Northern pike zones
- Seasonal fishing closures
- Whitefish - Cisco sport gillnetting
This information is available in an alternative format upon request. E-mail the DNR Information Center at [email protected] or call at (651) 296-6157 or (888) MINNDNR.
This fishing regulations document contains a synopsis of the state fishing laws and regulations. For complete fishing laws and regulations, consult Minnesota Statutes and Rules of the DNR.