The FiN program has partnered with DNR Parks, Washington County Parks, Dakota County Parks, Minneapolis Parks and the City of Inver Grove Heights to start a tackle loaner program. FiN has donated fishing rods that will be loaned out to anglers to use in the park or on local lakes. Each site will have its own policy on requirements for loaning the gear.
- Square Lake Regional Park - 651-430-8370
- Lake Elmo Park Reserve - 651-430-8370
- St. Croix Bluffs Regional Park - 651-430-8240
- Big Marine Park Reserve - 651-430-8205 (weekends only)
- William O'Brien State Park (free fishing) - 651-433-0500, Loaner rods available for fishing the St. Croix River or Alice Lake within the park.
- Lebanon Hills Regional Park, Schultz Lake Visitor Center - 651-554-6530
- Inver Grove Heights - 651-450-2500, Fishing rods available at the Community Center which has City Hall Pond directly behind it as well as Simley Pond and Gun Club (Lions Park-Pond) just down the road.
- Centennial Lakes - 952-833-9580
- Powderhorn Park - 612-370-4960
- Loring Park - 612-370-4929
- Westwood Hills Nature Center - 952-924-2544
- Fort Snelling State Park (free fishing) - 612-725-2724
- West Metro Fisheries Office - 952-496-4141
Minneapolis Parks also has 14 recreation centers that have loaner tackle. Contact your local recreation center to find out if they have it available.
Looking for educational kits to borrow?
To compliment your fun day of fishing, check out our Fishing Trunk that is available to borrow and full of exciting educational activities for youth! These activities include Making a Pop Can Caster, Fish Printing, Fish Families, Tackling Your Tacklebox, Fishing Regulations and Safety and Fishing at the Water's Edge. Fishing trunk locations are at the East Metro Fisheries office 651-259-5769 and the West Metro Fisheries office 952-496-4141.