Current special regulations
Upcoming special regulations
Not effective until Saturday, May 11, 2019
This lake has special fishing regulations that differ from statewide or border water regulations for those species identified below and take precedence. Unless otherwise mentioned all general regulations, seasons, limits, possession, transportation and border water regulations apply.
- Northern Pike: Daily and possession limit is three. All from 26-44" must be immediately released.
- Walleye: Daily and possession limit is four. Only one over 20" allowed in possession.
- A person's statewide bag limit may not include more than current bag limit of Red Lake walleye.
- Those portions of Red Lake located within the Red Lake Indian Reservation are closed to non-band members except by special authorization of the tribal council.
- State anglers: The actual boundary is not a true north-south line. To simplify, it's recommended that anglers stay east of the longitudinal coordinate of 94 deg. 43' 12.0" to ensure they are on state waters.
- The fish carcass retention requirements are still in effect - see page 34 of 2019 fishing synopsis.