DNR completed the first round of SFRMPs statewide in 2012. Following is a list of all 10 of the completed SFRMPs with their initial (and extended/revised) planning periods in parentheses. The associated SFRMP boundaries and locations are shown in the map.
- Anoka Sand Plains SFRMP (FY2013–FY2022)
- Aspen Parklands SFRMP (FY2012–FY2021)
- Blufflands/Rochester Plateau (FY2003-FY2012) (REVISED FY2015-2024)
- Chippewa Plains-Pine Moraines/Outwash Plains SFRMP (FY2009-FY2019)
- Hardwood Hills SFRMP (FY2013–FY2022)
- Mille Lacs Uplands SFRMP (FY2005–FY2014, extended through 2019)
- North Shore Area SFRMP (FY2005–FY2014, extended through FY2018)
- North 4 SFRMP (FY2010–FY2019)
Click to enlarge
Revised SFRMP Boundaries
(outlined in red) compared to former
SFRMP Boundaries (colored areas).
DNR Administrative Regions are
outlined in blue.
The Department began the second round of SFRMPs in 2013 using the Section level of the DNR Ecological Classification System for the planning unit boundaries. Because of this, some SFRMP boundaries have changed. The names of most SFRMPs will also change as revisions are completed. The first SFRMP revision to be completed was the Blufflands/Rochester Plateau SFRMP, which has kept the same name and planning boundaries. The Department has started the process of developing SFRMP revisions for the Northern Minnesota and Ontario Peatlands Section and the Northern Superior Uplands Section,but will delay completion of those revisions until after the sustainable timber harvest analysis is completed. These two new SFRMPS contain all or portions of the previous Agassiz Lowlands, Border Lakes, North 4, and North Shore Area SFRMPs. These plans are currently on hold pending completion of an analysis on the sustainable timber harvest analysis.