A successful deer hunt requires planning. This tool provides access to comprehensive hunting and chronic wasting disease information that must be considered before going afield:
- Buying the correct license
- Following CWD requirements for the DPAs in which you hunt
- Knowing the regulations for the seasons and DPAs in which you hunt
- Determining where, how and when your deer will be processed
- Firearms, tree stand and hunting safety
Find your DPA using the display, search and sort tools for the table below. The listing for each permit area displays an information summary and links that take you directly to the information you need to know before heading off to deer camp.
Know your deer permit area
To buy a deer hunting license, you must declare the deer permit area in which you expect to hunt. If you don't know your DPA number, use the interactive deer map.
Find your DPA
Use the show entries, search and sort features to locate and list the DPAs in which you hunt. Click the view link to see testing requirements.