A successful deer hunt requires planning, but our Make a Plan tool is designed to make your hunt easier. It provides easy access to essential hunting and chronic wasting disease (CWD) information.
The Make a Plan tool walks you through:
- How to purchase the correct license
- CWD requirements for the area you hunt
- The regulations for the seasons and areas where you hunt
- How to process your deer - whether you want to do it yourself or visit a processor
- Tips for a safe hunt, including firearms, tree stand and hunting safety
To get started, find your deer permit area (DPA) using the tool below. The listing for each permit area displays an information summary and links that take you directly to the information you need to know before heading off to deer camp.
Know your deer permit area
To buy a deer hunting license, you must declare the deer permit area in which you expect to hunt. If you don't know your DPA number, use the interactive deer map.
Find your DPA
Use the show entries, search and sort features to locate and list the DPAs in which you hunt. Click the view link to see testing requirements.