Waterfowl hunting zones
Ducks, coots, mergansers
|North||Sept. 21 - Nov. 19|
|Central||Sept. 21 - Sept. 29; Oct. 5 - Nov. 24|
|South||Sept. 21 - Sept. 29; Oct. 12 - Dec. 1|
|Early goose (statewide)||Sept. 1-15|
|North||Sept. 21-Dec. 21|
|Central||Sept. 21-29; Oct. 5-Dec. 26|
|South||Sept. 21-29; Oct. 12-Jan. 2, 2020|
- Weekly waterfowl migration report
- Waterfowl hunting regulations
- Waterfowl Breeding Population Summary: May 2019
- The 2017 waterfowl season: A study of hunter's opinions and activities
- Spring light goose management
- Buy your license - find license agents, get applications or purchase licenses by phone or the Internet.
- HIP (Harvest Information Program) - certification necessary for hunting migratory birds.
- Hunting & Trapping Regulations
- Sunrise and sunset data
- Additional waterfowl information
Future hunters are relying on you. Prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species.
10/12/19 - 01/02/20
South duck zone
In the News
North Ottawa Flood Control Project
Moist Soils & Shallow Lakes
The DNR intensively manages restored wetlands by keeping them dry during a portion of the summer growing season and flooding them during spring and fall. This creates shallow waters that ducks favor.
- Spring light goose regulations
- Lac qui Parle Goose Hunting Guide
- Learn the difference between swans and snow geese
- Goose hunting tips