- Weekly waterfowl migration report
- Spring light goose managment
- Buy your license - find license agents, get applications or purchase licenses by phone or the Internet.
- HIP (Harvest Information Program) - certification necessary for hunting migratory birds.
- Hunting & Trapping Regulations
- Sunrise and sunset data
- Additional waterfowl information
Future hunters are relying on you. Prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species.
02/15/18 - 04/30/18
Goose-Spring Light Goose conservation action
09/01/18 - 09/16/18
Early Canada Goose season - Tentative
Youth Waterfowl Day
Waterfowl season opener
In the News
|08/07/2017||Artists can submit designs for waterfowl stamp|
|09/29/2016||Drowning is biggest safety risk for waterfowl hunters|
|09/19/2016||Good waterfowl opener expected this weekend|
|09/15/2016||Richfield artist wins duck stamp contest|
North Ottawa Flood Control Project
Moist Soils & Shallow Lakes
The DNR intensively manages restored wetlands by keeping them dry during a portion of the summer growing season and flooding them during spring and fall. This creates shallow waters that ducks favor.
- Spring light goose regulations
- Lac qui Parle Goose Hunting Guide
- Learn the difference between swans and snow geese
- Goose hunting tips
- Duckboat safety tips for Minnesota waterfowlers
- Avian influenza, wild birds, hunting, and bird feeders