Waterfowl hunting zones
Ducks, coots, mergansers
|North||Sept. 22 - Nov. 20|
|Central||Sept. 22 - Sept. 30; Oct. 6 - Nov. 25|
|South||Sept. 22 - Sept. 30; Oct. 13 - Dec. 2|
|Early goose (statewide)||Sept. 1-16|
|North||Sept. 22-Dec. 21|
|Central||Sept. 22-30; Oct. 6-Dec. 26|
|South||Sept. 22-30; Oct. 13-Jan. 2, 2019|
- Weekly waterfowl migration report
- Spring light goose management
- Buy your license - find license agents, get applications or purchase licenses by phone or the Internet.
- HIP (Harvest Information Program) - certification necessary for hunting migratory birds.
- Hunting & Trapping Regulations
- Sunrise and sunset data
- Additional waterfowl information
Future hunters are relying on you. Prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species.
Events CalendarScroll table right to see more »
02/18/19 - 04/30/19
North Ottawa Flood Control Project
Moist Soils & Shallow Lakes
The DNR intensively manages restored wetlands by keeping them dry during a portion of the summer growing season and flooding them during spring and fall. This creates shallow waters that ducks favor.
- Spring light goose regulations
- Lac qui Parle Goose Hunting Guide
- Learn the difference between swans and snow geese
- Goose hunting tips