Waterfowl hunting zones
|North||Sept. 22 - Nov. 20|
|Central||Sept. 22 - Sept. 30; Oct. 6 - Nov. 25|
|South||Sept. 22 - Sept. 30; Oct. 13 - Dec. 2|
- Weekly waterfowl migration report
- Spring light goose management
- Buy your license - find license agents, get applications or purchase licenses by phone or the Internet.
- HIP (Harvest Information Program) - certification necessary for hunting migratory birds.
- Hunting & Trapping Regulations
- Sunrise and sunset data
- Additional waterfowl information
Future hunters are relying on you. Prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species.
02/15/18 - 04/30/18
Goose-Spring Light Goose conservation action
09/01/18 - 09/16/18
Early Canada Goose season
Youth Waterfowl Day
Waterfowl season opener
North Ottawa Flood Control Project
Moist Soils & Shallow Lakes
The DNR intensively manages restored wetlands by keeping them dry during a portion of the summer growing season and flooding them during spring and fall. This creates shallow waters that ducks favor.
- Spring light goose regulations
- Lac qui Parle Goose Hunting Guide
- Learn the difference between swans and snow geese
- Goose hunting tips