This online version, revised November 28, 2017, of the hunting and trapping regulations contains the latest corrections to the printed version.
Refresh your cache for changes in the PDF file to appear.
Hunting & trapping regulations
- Furbearer phone number change to 888-646-6367, option 9 – Pages 4 and 54 [Updated: 11/28/2017]
- Adds a special youth deer hunt (#966) Nov. 18-19 at Blue Mounds State Park with 10 permits available – Page 36 [Updated: 8/24/2017]
- The proposed late season antlerless deer hunt in several southeast permit areas would close on Sunday, Jan. 14, 2018 – Page 62 [Updated: 8/24/2017]
- DPA 218 added to the list of permit areas where landowner licenses are valid – Page 67 [Updated: 8/24/2017]
- Adds a special firearms deer hunt (#923) Nov. 18-26 at Zumbro Falls Scientific and Natural Area in Wabasha County – Page 85 [Updated: 8/24/2017]
- Corrects the bag limit to 3 for the Itasca State Park special hunt (#287) – Page 85 [Updated: 8/24/2017]
- Corrects the ending date to Nov. 17 for the special firearms deer hunt (#925) at Vermillion Highlands Research, Recreation and WMA – Page 86 [Updated: 8/24/2017]
- Eliminates the special firearms deer hunt (#932) at Blue Mounds State Park – Page 87 [Updated: 8/24/2017]
- A or B season firearms deer licenses are valid for the Carver Park Reserve special hunt (#930) – Page 87 [Updated: 8/24/2017]
- Changes the bag limit to three for the special archery deer hunt in the city of New Ulm – Page 93 [Updated: 8/24/2017]
Deer season map
- In central and northwestern Minnesota, corrected the number of anterless permits to 500 for DPA 197; 300 for DPA 262; 150 for DPA 269; 25 for DPA 270; 350 for DPA 271; 200 for DPA 272; and 100 for DPA 297 – Page 2/Back of Map [Updated: 8/24/2017]
- In 300 series permit areas, DPA 344 is designated as Hunters Choice; DPAs 341, 342, 343 and 347 are Managed; and DPA 346 is Intensive – Page 2/Back of Map [Updated: 8/24/2017]
- Permit areas related to the section titled "Deer Permit Area Boundary Changes Along the Moose Range" should include DPAs 178 and 181 – Page 2/Back of Map [Updated: 8/24/2017]
- Permit area 340 under the Hunters Choice deer area heading doesn't exist and was deleted – Page 2/Back of Map [Updated: 8/24/2017]
This information is available in an alternative format upon request. E-mail the DNR Information Center at [email protected] or call at 651-296-6157 or 888-MINNDNR.
These documents contain a synopsis of the state hunting and trapping laws and regulations. For complete hunting and trapping laws and regulations, consult Minnesota Statutes and Rules of the DNR.