Dedicated volunteers working to tailor outdoor strategies
The Minnesota R3 Council is the public’s voice for recruiting, retaining, and reactivating – R3 for short – hunters and anglers in Minnesota.
Following the R3 summit in 2016, it was suggested that the DNR form a citizen advisory council to develop effective R3 strategies that are tailored for Minnesota. This council meets quarterly. Current meetings are scheduled to occur online.
View the committee charter for additional details.
- Increase the number of hunter and anglers in Minnesota.
- Build support and awareness of hunting and angling traditions and opportunities.
Name Position Affiliation Michelle Doerr Acting Chair Anavah Consulting Tim Hemstad Vice-Chair Trout Unlimited Kevin Hurst Leadership Team National Wild Turkey Federation Rich Wissink Leadership Team Pheasants Forever Adele Smith Leadership Team Women Hunting and Fishing in All Seasons Dayna Adams Leadership Team Women Hunting and Fishing in All Seasons James Burnham Leadership Team Minnesota DNR Meadow Kauffeld Member Itasca Community College Mercedes Akinseye Member Minnesota Deer Hunters Association Ryan Barth Member Three Rivers Park District Jennifer Biederman Member Winnona State University Davin Brandt Member Minnesota Steelheaders Joe Jackson Member Recreational Equipment Inc. Matt Ness Member Tracker Boats/Bass Pro Shops Mark Norquist Member Modern Carnivore/Backcountry Hunters and Anglers Benjamin Pena Member MN Locavore/Backcountry Hunters and Anglers Julia Schrenkler Member Minnesota Public Radio Courtney Schurhammer Member Women Anglers of Minnesota Robert Vang Member Wild Urban Fly Fishers
- September 2018 – St. Paul
- January 2019 – St. Paul
- April 2019 – Hastings
- July 2019 – St. Paul
- October 2019 – Grand Rapids
- January 2020 – St. Paul
- Apply to serve
- You can apply to be considered for future openings. Council members work together to develop effective R3 strategies tailored for Minnesota and help the DNR guide development of the state’s first R3 statewide plan.