This is the fun part.
Steps & Techniques is where you get your hands dirty or your feet wet - maybe both. You will work on a real shoreline project - your own! It's a chance to use what you have learned in the Program Introduction and Shore Lore Sections:
- The structure and function of shorelands.
- Reasons for managing shorelands using ecological principles.
- Insights from other lakeshore owners on using a natural approach to restoring the shoreline.
Carolyn Dindorf introduces Steps & Techniques.
In Steps & Techniques, you will find:
- Reading Your Shoreline - learn to see your own shoreline with an increased awareness.
- Identifying Your Objectives - identify your needs and priorities, important considerations when you plan your own project.
- Designing Your Shoreline - this is the core of the "How To" section, a process that has been successfully used by other property owners that will also work for you.
- Implementing Your Project - field-tested approaches to landscaping your property for long-term success and enjoyment.
"...So what can you do, to restore the shoreline,
to bring back the fish, and return the deer.
Just replant the shore, control the runoff,
the algae will leave, the waters will clear.
Oh butterflies and bald eagles you're what I'm looking for.
The shoreline is a home for you when we take care of it more... "
Shoreline Song, Carolyn Dindorf & Roman Rowan, © 2001 Performed by Carolyn Dindorf, Roman Rowan, and Aaron White.