Scientific and Natural Area Program outreach initiative strives to engage people in Natural Areas. Engagement seeks to foster:
The long-term objective is support and involvement in the rare resource conservation of Natural Areas by the people of Minnesota.
Some projects and products currently available to meet that objective include:
- A regularly updated events calendar with opportunities to get involved and volunteer with us!
- Observations made on SNAs using iNaturalist help contribute to understanding a site's biodiversity.
- Social media (Facebook, Flickr)
- SNA web pages, including information on over 160 individual SNAs
- A quarterly newsletter, "Nature Notes"
- "Pocket" cards highlighting individual SNAs
- Statewide SNA map
- SNA coloring book
- Limited edition SNA-related posters featuring rare resource conservation
- On-site interpretive signs installed on about 33% of SNAs
- A network of active site stewards