Over 3,000 drive-in campsites are available in Minnesota's state parks from late spring through mid-autumn, with some staying open year-round.
All sites have a picnic table, tent or RV pad, and fire ring with grill for cooking, and have access to water and toilet facilities. Many have seasonal access to showers, and some have optional electric and water hook-ups.
One tent or RV per campsite, with a maximum of six people. Pets are allowed but must be leashed and attended at all times. Only approved firewood is allowed.
Coming to the park? Know the "Key 3:"
- Plan to be flexible. Explore new destinations and consider mid-week travel. Parks are busy as more people get outdoors, so we encourage you to discover a new favorite!
- Arrive prepared. Buy your vehicle permit, check visitor alerts and download maps before your trip.
- Recreate responsibly. Help conserve these special places for the future by staying on trails and leaving no trace.
Make a reservation
Online reservations can be made up to 120 days in advance, 24 hours a day, except for the first day a reservation becomes available. On that first day, reservations cannot be made online before 8 a.m. A non-refundable reservation fee ($10.00 for call center/$7.00 for web) is charged for each advance reservation.
For specific accessibility information, please call the park before reserving.
Rates and locations
- Rate is per site, per night, and includes tax.
- Add $10/night for sites with electricity.
- Add $8/night for sites with water and/or sewer service.
- Sites allowing double or triple occupancy will be charged the nightly rate times the occupancy rate allowed. (E.g., double sites are charged double the rate of a single occupancy site.)
* Sites are in less-developed campgrounds with fewer amenities.