Why the DNR sells land
The DNR manages 5.6 million acres of state land, and is continually working to improve its land portfolio by selling lands that no longer meet conservation or recreation needs. These land sales are done in consultation with DNR staff, local government officials and others to ensure the state’s public land base meets the recreational needs of its citizens, continues to provide ecological benefits like clean air and water, supports natural resource-based economies, and maintains habitat for a broad variety of fish and wildlife needs. Dollars from many land sales are strategically reinvested in high-quality land purchases that will fulfill the state’s conservation, recreation, and economic needs into the future.
Fall 2018 Land Sale
Thank you for your interest in DNR Land Sales. The DNR recently held public auctions in October and November of 2018. Fifteen parcels were sold and the results are listed below. One parcel, Itasca county Sale 31093, was not sold at the auction and is now available for purchase Over-the-Counter.
Instructions: Interested parties should review the property data sheets posted below and Instructions for Over-The-Counter Land Purchase and Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Itasca County Sale 31093, 36.83 acres. Purchase price: $43,000.
Land Sale Web Map
View an interactive map displaying the land sale parcels that are available over-the-counter.
Fall 2018 Public Sale Results
- Sale 04145, 40 acres. Minimum Bid: $38,000 — Sold at $38,000.
- Sale 05147, 40.17 acres. Minimum Bid: $35,000 — Sold at $35,000.
Big Stone County
- Sale 06065, 2.5 acres. Minimum Bid: $17,000 — Deed restriction revised — Sold at $62,000.
- Sale 27015, 13.92 acres. Minimum Bid $13,300 — Sold at $13,300.
- Sale 28145, 20.5 acres. Minimum Bid: $52,000 — Sold at $52,000.
- Sale 31093, 36.83 acres. Minimum Bid: $43,000 — No bids received. Parcel is available over the counter.
- Sale 31120, 0.25 acres subject to encroachments. Minimum Bid: $99,320 — Sold at $99,320.
- Sale 33146, 10.68 acres. Minimum Bid: $13,000 — Sold at $31,000.
- Sale 38088, 20 acres. Minimum Bid: $38,000 — Sold at $38,000.
Mille Lacs County
- Sale 48143, 40 acres. Minimum Bid: $35,000 — Sold at $90,000.
- Sale 80148, 40 acres. Minimum Bid: $49,500 — Sold at $67,000.
- Sale 80149, 40 acres. Minimum Bid: $44,000 — Sold at $52,000.
- Sale 80150, 40 acres. Minimum Bid: $47,000 — Sold at $52,000.
- Sale 80151, 40 acres. Minimum Bid: $49,500 — Sold at $49,500.
- Sale 80152, 40 acres. Minimum Bid: $49,500 — Sold at $66,000.
Land Sale Updates
Subscribe to this webpage for the latest information. You can also call (651) 259-5432, (888) MINNDNR or e-mail [email protected] for information.
The Mn Dept of Transportation and Dept of Administration also periodically sell surplus property. Click on the links to find out more.