Why the DNR sells land
The DNR manages 5.6 million acres of state land, and is continually working to improve its land portfolio by selling lands that no longer meet conservation or recreation needs. These land sales are done in consultation with DNR staff, local government officials and others to ensure the state’s public land base meets the recreational needs of its citizens, continues to provide ecological benefits like clean air and water, supports natural resource-based economies, and maintains habitat for a broad variety of fish and wildlife needs. Dollars from many land sales are strategically reinvested in high-quality land purchases that will fulfill the state’s conservation, recreation, and economic needs into the future.
Public land sale auction
Thank you for your interest in DNR Land Sales. The DNR recently held a public auction in December 2017. The results of the auction are listed below.
Three parcels were not sold at the auction and will be offered Over-the-Counter.
Instructions: Interested parties should review the property data sheets posted below and the Instructions for Over-The-Counter Land Purchase and Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- Houston County: Sale 128076 (40 acres, minimum bid - $112,800) PRICE REDUCED to $85,800
- Houston County: Sale 128077 (20 acres, minimum bid - $58,600) PRICE REDUCED to $45,000
- Pine County: Sale 158092 (11.6 acres, minimum bid - $24,600) PRICE REDUCED to $19,300
Land Sale Web Map
View an interactive map displaying the land sale parcels that are available over-the-counter.
Land Sale Web Map
Big Stone County
- Sale 106048 (5.25 acres, minimum bid - $13,000); High Bid: $13,000
- Sale 104100 (0.31 acres, minimum bid - $2,200); High Bid: $2,200
- Sale 129099 (0.86 acres, minimum bid - $24,000); High Bid: $24,000
- Sale 136095 (30 acres, minimum bid -$34,000); High Bid: $40,000
- Sale 180073 (40 acres, minimum bid - $62,200); High Bid: $82,200
St. Louis County
- Sale 69564 (26.5 acres lakeshore lot, minimum bid - $366,600); No bids
- Sale 102071 (38.2 acres, minimum bid - $122,600); High Bid: $122,600
- Sale 102072 (19.98 acres, minimum bid -$24,000); High Bid: $45,000
- Sale 147090 (6.60 acres, minimum bid - $18,300); High Bid: $33,000
- Sale 147091 (6.10 acres, minimum bid - $16,900); High Bid: $47,000
- Sale 179098 (4.3 acres, minimum bid - $13,200); High Bid: $16,000
Land Sale Updates
Subscribe to this webpage for the latest information. You can also call (651) 259-5432, (888) MINNDNR or e-mail [email protected] for information.
The Mn Dept of Transportation and Dept of Administration also periodically sell surplus property. Click on the links to find out more.