Fishing licenses are effective from March 1 to the last day of February of the following year. A fishing license for the current 2023-24 license year is effective until Feb. 29, 2024.
- Individual angling: Use code 111 to buy a fishing license for one person.
- Combination angling: Use code 112 to buy a license that allows a married couple to fish individually or together.
- Individual sports: Use code 216 to buy a license for one person to hunt small game and fish.
- Combination sports: Use code 217 to buy a license that allows one spouse to hunt small game and fish. The other spouse can only fish.
- Non-resident individual angling: Use code 121 to buy a license that allows a non-resident to fish anytime during the license year in Minnesota.
- All resident licenses
- All non-resident licenses
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will collect your social security number when you apply for a non-commercial hunting or fishing license.
License prices listed do not include any additional fees or the $1 agent fee.
Commercial licenses applications require a Federal Employer Identification number, Minnesota Tax Identification number or Social Security Number. Commercial licenses are issued at the DNR license center.
Disability permit - angling/spearing special annual (r) - Code 107
Angling - Youth Ages16 to 17 or Youth own limit (nr) - Code 205