- View online
- Find regulations for a specific lake
- Fishing seasons
New regulations coming
Look for the 2020 fishing regulations booklet online and wherever fishing licenses are sold beginning Sunday, March 1.
Fishing regulations for 2020 become effective March 1. For 2019 seasons that remain open past March 1, anglers must purchase a 2020 license to keep fishing past the last day of February.
- Proposed fishing regulations and meeting details
- Alabama/Umbrella/Yumbrella rig
- BaitCloud is illegal
- Ice fishing shelter licenses and removal dates
- Liberalized lakes
- Northern pike zones
- Seasonal fishing closures
- Whitefish - Cisco sport gillnetting
This information is available in an alternative format upon request. E-mail the DNR Information Center at [email protected] or call at (651) 296-6157 or (888) MINNDNR.
This fishing regulations document contains a synopsis of the state fishing laws and regulations. For complete fishing laws and regulations, consult Minnesota Statutes and Rules of the DNR.