The Minnesota State Fair is coming to St. Paul, August 24 - September 4, and YOU can be a part of it!
- Receive admission tickets to the fair for each day you volunteer with the DNR!
- Volunteer at least one day for 4 hours.
- Parking and meals will be your responsibility.
Follow the web link cited at the end of each position to sign up or contact the person listed for more information.
EAB Costume Character
Wear this FUN COLORFUL COSTUME as the Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) as you:
- roam the DNR grounds at the State Fair from 12 – 1 PM and 2 – 3 PM
- greet visitors
- hand out EAB related materials (such as tattoos and firewood brochures)
- pose for pictures with fairgoers!
The purpose of the EAB costume is to engage the public on invasive species issues and encourage them to visit the invasive species exhibits inside the DNR Building at the State Fair.
The Emerald Ash Borer costume:
- is a size small/medium
- best fits people who are between 5 to 6 ft. in height
- will fit up to a size 11 women’s or 9 ½ men’s shoe
Arrive by 11:30 AM to sign in and put on the costume. The EAB costume character will appear on the DNR grounds daily from 12 – 1 PM and again from 2 – 3 PM. Brief breaks for water and to cool down are permitted every 15 minutes or as needed while wearing the costume.
TO SIGN UP
If interested in volunteering to wear the EAB Costume, click on the following link to complete an application, create a volunteer profile on MyVolunteerPage, and select your day on the fair schedule: http://bttr.im/52w27
Make note of the username and password you create for this site so you can go back to update your profile and apply for other DNR volunteer opportunities. This will be your DNR Volunteer profile from now on.
You will receive more information and confirmation of your schedule after this. Maps, instructions and an admission ticket will be mailed to you for each day you volunteer. Remember, all volunteers are limited to no more than 2 days.
For more information, contact Laura Van Riper, Terrestrial Invasive Species Program Coordinator, St. Paul at 651-259-5090 or email [email protected]. Written instructions will be provided prior to your shift.
State Fair Safety Training
- All volunteers must complete an online safety training quiz to be eligible to work at the Minnesota State Fair.
- Please go to the DNR State Fair Safety Training page for instructions.