That’s a wrap!
Staff have been working hard to distribute seedlings and we are happy to announce that our 2023 season has come to an end.
A special thank you to our customers for this year’s success. Despite the long winter and fast spring, we were able to get our seedlings out quickly. We will update our inventory in late summer to early fall so check back in then.
To improve efficiency and customer experience, we have designed an online form for all seedling requests. The online form is simply a webpage asking for all the same info listed on the previous paper forms.
All seedling requests will be processed in the order received via the online form.
If you need help or want us to submit the online form, please call us at 218-652-2385. Nursery customer service staff are happy to help you and available between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Check out our list of available seedlings before you complete the online request form. If you need help selecting the right seedling for your site, contact a DNR Stewardship forester.
What happens after you submit your request?
- Once you submit your online seedling request form, you will receive an automated email acknowledging we received your seedling request, and we will process the request within the next seven business days. We will work as fast as we can to process your order!
- Nursery staff will work through requests in the order received and confirm seedling availability in our inventory. We will reach out via email or phone if substitutions are needed.
- Once your seedling request is confirmed in our inventory system, you will receive an email confirmation and invoice. This should happen within seven business days of your request, so check your email!
- The invoice will include the quantity and species of seedlings reserved and the total price of your order, including tax and shipping, if applicable. The invoice will contain instructions on how to pay for your order.
- Seedlings available through this program may only be planted in Minnesota.
- A minimum of 500 seedlings must be purchased.
Cost-share for your tree planting project may be available. Contact a DNR Stewardship forester for more details.
You will receive an invoice from the Nursery within seven business days of submitting your request form. To secure your order, the Nursery must receive credit card payment or a check postmarked within 10 days of the invoice date. So, be sure to monitor your email.
Delivery and pick-up options
Seedlings will be available for pick up or delivery in the spring of 2023 - likely in late April or May, once the ground has thawed! We will keep you updated via email as the season progresses.
- Pick up your seedlings free at the Nursery in Akeley, MN.
- Ship directly to you for $41 per 1,000 seedlings.
- Ship to Detroit Lakes or Little Falls drop-point locations for pick-up. Shipping fee varies by location and must be paid at the time of pickup.
Seedlings are packaged in a cardboard box with a plastic liner. The box is approximately 10" x 18" x 30". Examples of quantities per box: 500 seedlings, 125 transplants, 250 oaks. Be sure you have a cool, shady place to store your seedlings until they are planted.
Changing or canceling orders
Contact the Nursery if you need to change or cancel your order. Orders for 2023 spring plantings canceled after February 24, 2023, will be charged a 20% cancellation fee.
Contact the nursery
Hours: 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday
Email: [email protected]