Coming to the park? Know the "key three":
- Plan ahead. Buy your vehicle permit in advance to minimize person-to-person contact. Record your confirmation number and place it on your car's dashboard. If you'll be skiing on groomed trails, buy your ski pass in advance too.
- Arrive prepared. Buildings and warming shelters may not be open. Dress appropriately for the weather, and bring extra supplies with you.
- Follow the rules. Continue to follow all COVID-related guidance listed in the Outdoor Recreation Guidelines. Pay attention to signs, stay home if you feel sick, try to recreate only with members of your immediate household, and practice social distancing--even outdoors.
Whether you prefer classical or skate skiing, Minnesota state parks have many miles of groomed cross-country ski trails for you!
- Remember to check the snow and trail conditions before you head out.
- Anyone age 16 or older must carry a signed ski pass when using groomed cross-country ski trails in state parks or state forests, or on state trails or grant-in-aid trails. You don't need a ski pass if you aren't using groomed trails.
Purchase a vehicle permit today and get a year of unlimited visits to all of Minnesota's state parks and recreation areas.
** At Wild River State Park, cross-country skis are available for rent through a private concessionaire located at the park's Trail Center. For rental rates or to reserve equipment, call Wild River Ski Rental at 651-257-0685.
Events CalendarScroll table right to see more »
|01/23/21||Candlelight Event||Mille Lacs Kathio State Park|
Please note: Occasionally, due to extreme weather or poor snow conditions, an event may need to be canceled or changed. When in doubt, call the park.