Coming to the park? Know the "Key 3:"
- Plan to be flexible. Explore new destinations and consider mid-week travel. Parks are busy as more people get outdoors, so we encourage you to discover a new favorite!
- Arrive prepared. Buy your vehicle permit, check visitor alerts and download maps before your trip.
- Recreate responsibly. Help conserve these special places for the future by staying on trails and leaving no trace.
Whether you prefer classical or skate skiing, Minnesota state parks have many miles of groomed cross-country ski trails for you!
- Remember to check the snow and trail conditions before you head out.
- Anyone age 16 or older must carry a signed ski pass when using groomed cross-country ski trails in state parks or state forests, or on state trails or grant-in-aid trails. You don't need a ski pass if you aren't using groomed trails.
Purchase a vehicle permit today and get a year of unlimited visits to all of Minnesota's state parks and recreation areas.
** At Wild River State Park, cross-country skis are available for rent through a private concessionaire located at the park's Trail Center. For rental rates or to reserve equipment, call Wild River Ski Rental at 651-257-0685.
Events CalendarScroll table right to see more »
|10/31/21||Skins and Skulls Tent||Fort Snelling State Park|
Please note: Occasionally, due to extreme weather or poor snow conditions, an event may need to be canceled or changed. When in doubt, call the park.