Get out in Minnesota State Parks and Trails!
There's nothing quite like spending time outdoors in Minnesota during the summertime. Whatever summer adventures you are searching for, Minnesota state parks and trails are the best place to start. Lounge on a beach or paddle out onto one of Minnesota's 10,000 lakes. Climb a bluff to see from new heights or go underground with a mine tour. Stay up to study the night sky or sleep peacefully in a camper cabin.
Browse the list below for outdoor activities and adventures to keep you and your family active and engaged all season long. Minnesota's state parks and trails are for everyone - no matter your skill level or physical ability. Find something interesting and get out there!
Tips and tricks
- Use ParkFinder to browse all activities in state parks and recreation areas!
- Get a sneak peek before you go with a virtual tour!
- Need a break from steamy summer adventures? Visit the winter activities guide.
- Make a weekend of it! Rent a campsite or cabin and get the full experience.
- Purchase a vehicle permit today and get a year of unlimited visits to all of Minnesota's state parks and recreation areas.