Winter offers a whole new way to play, and Minnesota State Parks and Trails have adventures to keep you and your family enjoying the season all winter long! Many parks have rental gear available, and there are lots of kid-friendly activities, from snowshoeing to winter geocaching. Hit the trails and try cross-country skiing, fat biking, or snowmobiling. Wildlife watching is great in the winter, and even a simple hike is a whole different experience on the snow.
Purchase a vehicle permit today and get a year of unlimited visits to all of Minnesota's state parks and recreation areas.
Tips and tricks
- Weather in Minnesota can change on a dime. Check weather conditions before you head out.
- Check on the snow depth and trail conditions so you know if you should bring your snowshoes.
- Get a sneak peek before you go with a virtual tour!
- Make your perfect winter vacation a reality! Stay overnight and make a weekend of it.
- Winter won't last forever! Plan ahead with the summer activities guide!