Programs and classes listed below provide opportunities for hands-on experiences designed to help you learn how to fish.
Many of these activities require registration so explore the offerings and plan ahead accordingly.
You'll also find several self-help opportunities. We've tried to provide information that you can apply as you learn by doing.
- Becoming an Outdoors Woman programs
- Becoming an Outdoors Family programs
- Scroll table right to see more »
There are currently no event listings.
- I Can Fish! programs at state parks
Experience the fun of casting into the water and the excitement of a tug on the line! These hands-on programs teach all of the basics, from fish identification to casting. You and your family will be ready to begin a lifetime of memories on Minnesota’s lakes and streams. You'll get:
- Hands-on instruction from skilled anglers
- Designed especially for first-time anglers
- All equipment is provided
- Each participant will receive a small tackle box to take home with them
- No experience necessary
- Programs & events
We’ve partnered with Twin Cities Metro Area YMCA day camps to offer more than 100 camp weeks that include fishing. To register for a fishing experience, focus on camps titled: