Why should I care about invasive plants?
- Brochure - (Midwest Invasive Plant Network)
- Video - Little things, big problems: invasive plants in our parks (National Park Service)
- How can I prevent the spread of terrestrial invasive species?
- Additional information on terrestrial invasive plants
(including additional identification guides)
Try the interactive Invasive Plant Control Database (by the Midwest Invasive Plant Network and the University of Wisconsin). It allows you to specify the species of interest, the time of year of treatment, the habitat, and other customizations.
Plant Disposal Recommendations
See the Minnesota Department of Agriculture's Guide to Removal and Disposal of Noxious Weeds in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Noxious Weeds – Mn/DOT
- Ring-bound version available for purchase at Minnesota's bookstore
- A field guide to terrestrial invasive plants in Wisconsin – Wisconsin DNR
Invasive Terrestrial Plants
This is an educational list of plants that can be invasive in natural areas. Some plants are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture as Noxious Weeds and that is noted in their descriptions.