A new mobile app, Gooseberry Falls Go, puts Gooseberry Falls State Park in your pocket. The app is available free from Apple and Android app stores. It uses a "GeoAlert" function to notify hikers with sound or vibration as they approach points of interest, such as rock formations and historic sites, along various routes within the park. Once you download the Gooseberry Falls Go app to your smart phone, you can take the interpretive route of your choice, and you can go at your own pace. The app will help you notice things you might not otherwise have seen, like a live naturalist would.
Gooseberry Go app highlights
- Explore five routes in the park
- Discover the different habitats within the park
- Learn to identify six different trees
- Go on a photo challenge
- Find great views and over looks
- Hear the hidden history of those who built the park
- Learn what geological forces created the waterfalls
- A great opportunity for families and friends to explore beyond the falls
- Learn about different rocks and how to identify them
- Take an interpretive hike when you want to and at your own pace
- Have a naturalist in your pocket any time of day, year round
Download the app
Save time and download the app before you visit Gooseberry Falls State Park!
Gooseberry Falls Go was funded in part by the Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972, as amended, administered by the Office for Coastal Management, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration under Award NA16NOS4190119 provided to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources for Minnesota’s Lake Superior Coastal Program.
Gooseberry Falls Go is also made possible with funding from the Environmental and Natural Resources Trust Fund and the Minnesota Clean Water, Land, and Legacy Amendment.